If he only knew



If he only knew whose neck he wrapped his little arms around, the fancy hotels, the gourmet meals, and the luxurious lifestyle I enjoyed. There was such a vast difference between us. He had no money, no food, and no education, only the clothes on his back and a place to live; if you can call it that. But in that moment, none of it mattered. It was as if time stood still. As he clung to my back, I raced upon the grassy field, galloping like a horse. That night, he and I soared through the warm, humid air of Cambodia. Then it happened. He began to giggle. Suddenly, it was as if he and I could understand each other completely. In that moment, nothing else mattered. His lack of money, food, and shelter, were the furthest things from our minds. It was a glimpse of heaven, for both of us. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14 NIV)

1 Response to If he only knew

  1. Lisa Hickerson says:

    Thank you for the glimpse.